Brynamman RFC | 1st Team 43 - 0 Nantymoel RFC | 1st Team
Richard Lee Evans
Try 1
Mathew Joel Spurway
Try 1
Jonathan Bevan
Try 1
Steffan Rhys Duggan
Try 1
Tristan John Lewis
Try 1
Steffan Williams
Conversion 4
Try 2

Match Report
12 October 2015 / Team News

Williams grabs a brace in another fine team performance

Brynamman 43-0 Nantymoel

The Greens welcomed Nantymoel to Parc y Gwter Fawr for the first time since the WRU Cup clash back in October 1999. Two of the Greens pack who played that day, veterans Clive Llewelyn and Dewi Slyman started again on Saturday. The Greens started the fast paced game stronger and an early Nantymoel scrum was quickly in retreat as the Greens pack shoved them off the ball. Number eight Joel Spurway picked up and fed Lee Evans and in support was centre Jonny Bevan who crashed over the line for an early 5-0 lead. Moel disrupted the Greens at the breakdown for much of the half but it was still an absorbing contest with both sides counterattacking at every opportunity. Eventually some great recycling by the Greens’ backs and forwards enabled outside half Rhys Williams to sidestep his way over from fully 30 meters for a well taken try. Williams just missed out on the conversion which resulted in a narrow half time lead for the Greens of 10-0.

Half Time: Brynaman 10 Nantymoel 0

Moel started the second half the brighter but the Greens weathered the storm and following a good three-quarter line movement outside half Williams dummied his way over in the corner for his second try 15-0. From the restart a good break by wing Gareth Drewson was eventually stopped on the Moel 22. Some more slick passing by the backs looked certain to have put Jonny Bevan clear, but this time the Moel scramble defence managed to hold him up over the line. For the scrum five the Greens introduced man mountain Steffan Weaver-Davies as replacement for Lloyd Henry who had put in another great shift. As the Greens pack power took its toll the Moel eight were soon backpedalling over for the line at a rate of knots. Number eight Joel Spurway showing good control at the base, kept his nerve and pounced for the bonus point try 20-0. Rhys Williams converted increasing Bryn’s lead to 22-0. Scrum half Lee Evans was next to score powering over from close range after another strong Greens’ scrummage. Williams converted for a lead of 29-0. The Greens then emptied the bench but the desired effect didn't take place immediately as winger Trystan Lewis caught the ball with a clear run in but inexplicably ran straight into touch overtaking shocked linesman Graham Page on the inside. However Lewis soon made amends from the very next play. Gathering a loose clearance kick expertly, Lewis then broke the first tackle and sped away to score under the posts in sensational fashion. Williams converted again as the lead stretched to 36-0. By now the Greens were in a relentless mood and with the last play of the game Steff Duggan scored under the posts with a trademark interception. Williams converted for a final score of 43-0

Man of the match was full back Luc Rees.



There doesn't appear to be any tagged photos.

Upload and Tag Photos